Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chocoffee Cake with Coffee buttercream

This image of chocolate coffee cake with the chocolate covered coffee bean has been floating around my mind since couple weeks ago. I just could not get rid of it. I think it is all because it's not part of this diet and therefore I am craving and keep imagining stuffs that I can't have. *sigh*..

I woke up this morning knowing that we are going to go to my mother in laws house who loves sweets, and going to look for a car which not gonna be fun, decided to whip something quick. Found a box of devil's food cake and decided to make my own creation with some coffee involves. Put in the whole box, add a box of butterscotch instant pudding, 4 eggs, vegetable oil probably like around 1/2 cups and water for 1 1/4 cups. What about the coffee? I mixed 3 tablespoons of instant coffee with the water and dumped everything in a bowl and mix them.

Another thing that help me decided on making this was because I went to World Market yesterday and found cute little bundt cake pans, mini loaf pans, cookie cutter and so on. It's a good timing, now I can try using my mini bundt pan.

Pour the batter in the greased and floured bundt pan, and put Hershey kisses inside the batter and baked them for 20 minutes. Now it's time to think about the butter cream, I thought while the cake is baking. Open my magic pantry and grab the can of vanilla butter cream. Mix 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules with 2 tablespoons water and whip them up until the mixture is incorporated. Put them in a plastic bag ready for decorating and set aside in the fridge. Once the cake is ready, let it cool before decorate them with the icing.

It turned out pretty good. Next time I will add more coffee on both the cake and the cream..but it was great. Love the consistency of the butter cream and the taste. Adding the bitterness of the coffee helps to reduce the sweetness of the icing. Perfect to splurge a little with a cup of hot tea or coffee. And after dealing with car salesmen I think we all deserve a little pampering don't we?


No comments:

Post a Comment